Dogs on Deployment often gets requests for help with transport. While we can help network your need for transport by sharing on our social media pages, transportation is outside our primary mission. For your convenience, we’ve compiled a list of several organizations and businesses which provide both ground and air transport for pets, both nationally and internationally.
US Transport Organizations/Businesses
- Air – Pilots for Paws – Pilots N Paws is a 501c3 non-profit organization. This site is intended to be a meeting place for those who rescue, shelter or foster animals, and volunteer pilots and plane owners willing to assist with the transportation of animals.
- Ground – Operation Roger Trucker Pet Transport – Operation Roger is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization comprised of regional and long-haul truckers who volunteer their time to transport needy pets as they do their regular jobs of delivering freight across the country.
- Air (Hawaii specialized)– Island Pet Movers – We take the stress out of ensuring your four legged family member arrives in paradise and will be directly released to you at the airport upon your arrival. Moving your pet from the island back to the main land can also be time consuming and frustrating.
- Ground– Kindred Hearts Transportation Connection – Group of volunteers dedicated to providing transport for needing pets.
- Ground– Martha’s Mutt Movers – Martha’s Mutt Movers is an all volunteer transport service facilitating the safe transport of dogs to fully screened and approved rescues.
- Ground– Heart’s Hope Truckers Pet Transport – As truck drivers, we make our living with the freight we haul. That freight allows us to open our hearts and trucks to rescued pets at no charge. We only ask for reimbursement of needed items purchased while transporting. We go were the freight takes up and try to pick up furry hitchhikers in need along the way.
- Ground – Roads of Hope – Roads of Hope is a 501(c)3, all Volunteer Animal Transport Rescue Group. We assist in getting animals from Shelters to Screened/Approved Rescues, Fosters and Adoptive Homes and from Rescues to Fosters and Adoptive Homes. We also help Military Deploying Overseas to get their Animals to Family Members or Fosters who are willing to care for their animals while they are gone.