Have you heard about Giving Tuesday? Thanksgiving Thursday – Black Friday – Cyber Monday – Giving Tuesday. An online movement aimed at recognizing and giving back to the community, Giving Tuesday is our biggest fundraising day of the year. And this year, we aim to raise $10,000 to support military pets!
How Can I Support?
There are two places you can donate to support Dogs on Deployment and military pets for Giving Tuesday; (1) via Facebook and (2) via Classy.org.
Donate with Facebook
For Giving Tuesday on November, 27th, 2018, Facebook is partnering with Paypal to match a total of up to $7 million in donations made on Facebook, and Dogs on Deployment is eligible! You can create your own Facebook fundraiser, and help Dogs on Deployment achieve mission success.
- Visit Facebook Fundraisers to start.
- Click "Select Nonprofit."
- Search for "Dogs on Deployment" and select.
- Set a goal and end date! Remember, Giving Tuesday is November 27, 2018!
- Give your fundraiser and title and share a personal story why you support DoD's mission.
- Select a cover photo. You can download our "Join Me" cover photo here!
- We encourage you to share your fundraiser with your friends, share on your personal newsfeed and if you'd like, pledge to match your friends' donations!
- Update your profile photo with our Giving Tuesday badge!
- Tag us in your fundraiser with #DoDGivingTuesday so we can recognize your hard work in supporting military pets!
Donate with Classy
Dogs on Deployment hosts our all our fundraising campaigns on Classy. This year, we have a special page created on Classy for Giving Tuesday. Donations made on Classy will not be matched, however, we are recognizing our top-3 donors and top-3 fundraisers with a special gift from Lazy Dog Cookie Company!
- Visit our Classy Giving Tuesday page.
- Click "Become a Fundraiser" to create or join a team, or "Donate Now" to make a one-time or reoccurring donation. Reoccurring donations help us with sustainable fundraising throughout the year to support our programs!
Bringing Together Two of America's Loves
Our mission is to give military members peace of mind concerning their pets during their service commitments by providing them with the ability to find people and resources able to help them.
Dogs on Deployment is a national 501(c)(3) non-profit providing a central network for military members to find volunteers willing to board their pets while they are deployed or have other service commitments, making them unable to temporarily care for their pets. No pet should ever be surrendered to a shelter due to a military commitment. DoD exists to help military members keep their pets by alleviating the need for pet relinquishment from military members due to the hardships of deployments.
We Make a Difference
We rely on our supporters to help us achieve our mission success. We hope to have your support now, and in the future. By meeting our goal of fundraising $10,000, we could:
- Help 10 active duty members find foster care
- Help 10 military pets move overseas
- Help 10 veterans receive emergency pet care
- Help 10 military families with spay or neuter
From Our President
In 2011, my husband and I, both active duty at the time, had dual-military commitments preventing us from being able to physically care for our dog, JD, for six-months. We realized at the time, that there were no support organizations available to help; we knew we had to do something. Since, our organization has grown from an idea sprung from need, to a national non-profit that has helped over 1,400 military pets find temporary foster care due to their owner's service commitments, and provided over $600,000 in financial aid to help military families with emergency pet care. I couldn't be prouder of what this organization and its volunteers have accomplished. Please consider support Dogs on Deployment for Giving Tuesday; as a non-profit founded by military, for military, your contribution truly makes an impact.